Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to query a list called "RequestTypeSteps" and load it into a task list called "RequestTasks".   

I used "Query List" to get a collection (see screen shot below).  I have 6 collection variables in my Query List to capture 6 of the fields from the RequestTypeSteps.  I also want to associate it with a RequestID which I previously saved. How do I copy this collection into RequestTasks which has the same data structure with an additional RequestID field.

Do you want each set to be its own row in the list, with but all sharing the same RequestID? 

Hi ‌ - you don't need to have it in your collection you just need to add it to your "create item" action inside your for each loop.

Yes, I'd like each set to be its own row in the list shareing the same RequestID.

The For each loop specifies only one field, right?  I have used a For Loop, but only one field was added.  But how do I get multiple fields within each row added?

I figured out a way to get this done, but I assume there is a much more efficient way. For each item in my collection, I assign the collection variable to an item variable and then use Create Item to update the row in my RequestTasks table.

The create item configure screen is blow.  

I would do this slightly differently in that in my first query list I would pull back only the IDs so that I have a collection of IDs.  then inside my for each I would query the list again using the current ID in the collection as a filter and pull back all the other fields into separate variables, and then use a create item with all of those.

see an example here: