Skip to main content

Is there a solution for workflow errors that occur when a send message action can't be completed because the person adressed has resigned from the company and the user account has been deleted from the AD? 

For instance, in our organization we have workflows that run for longer periods of time (9 to 12 months) and that send a confirmation message when all actions have been completed. If one of the addressed users (4 in total) has left the organization in the meantime, the workflow will error on this step and has to be terminated. This actually happens a lot!

Tasks can be delegated so the workflow can continue. It seems like such a waste to have an almost completed workflow error on the very last step of sending out a confirmation message. Does anybody have a solution to this? Maybe a run if action that will only send the message to active users? (I don't quite know how to go about configuring this.) Or does Nintex somehow offer the option to not error the workflow when a send message action can't be completed?

Hi Yvette,

Did you tried that?

https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2017/03/02/error-handling-in-nintex-workflow

Normally, a Boolean returns Yes if there is an error and you can use a Run If action to evaluate this value.

You can also capture the error message but I understand that you need a more generic solution.

Regards,

Christophe

Hi ‌,

The best tip I can give you is: Do not have long running workflows, and 9-12 months IS a long running workflow.

I know this does not help you directly, but it is a best practice. The situation you described is one of the reasons not to have long running workflows.

Cheers,

Rick

have a look on this topic  

it suggests two approaches that can be combined

- governance - do not delete user account immediately once the user leaves company

- make a proof check with LDAP query whether user account exists first