Skip to main content

Symptoms

Do you know a way to add some attachements in K2 designer for the field ? Attachment ? in the action rule ? Send email ? ?

I have try the use of ? Save As PDF ? but in the send email pop up of K2 designer , it is impossible to choose a SMO.

Do you know a way ?
I try the following step
http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Send-a-K2-file-into-a-mail/m-p/93659#M30059

Diagnoses

How to question..

Resolution

I'm able to add attachment easily by:
1) Create a control "File Attachment" (You can put it a not visible for the final version)
2) During the view (or form) initialized function, you can use the action "Execute a SmartObject method" (Like Sharepoint Get Document)
3) Create a rule with Action "Send an e-mail" and Drag and drop the "File attachment control" (from part 1) in the "Attachment" part.

Warning: this method will have potentially an important impact on your network as the content of the attachment file will be send to the client computer (during rule of step 2) and re-sent from client computer to server (during rule of step 3).
It's why we advise to use workflow: in this case, the mail function will take directly the information from the smart object without passing by the client computer.

Be the first to reply!