Skip to main content

I have to assign task dynamically to a group of users depending upon their location and i want to complete task in case of approval by any one of them. Business rules which i want to achieve are,  

• approvers can be changed at any time.
  • Access control, a person from a branch office can only see the application from that branch office but authorized person can view all the applications and he/she can approve/reject request.

Should i use Roles for task assignment, how i can assign task dynamically in case of different location by using roles?

OR

Pass approvers in Process XML Field at the time of process initiation from asp.net form, if this approach should be followed then what should be its schema? 

Should i use 1 Activity slot for task completion in case of approval by any one?

Generally you use 1 slot if you want to assign the task to many destinations but only 1 destination (person) must approve or action the task.

If you use K2 roles for your destination you can make them dynamic, so if the users in the role change it should reflect in K2 task lists.

If you run your destination rule wizard in advanced mode you can set rules for destination sets. So you can also use a different role or group depending on your business rules.  This could help you with assigning different Roles/Groups/users depending on the location.

To run the wizard in advanced mode, click the back button after launching the wizard and then click advanced.

Once you created a destination set and click on next, you can set rules on when the set will be used.

Henk

You can also Use XML fields.

1. Create an XML Field.

2. Assign this xml field to the destination rule.

3. in the Application that drives your k2 workflow assign an xml stream to that XML field

it should look like this

<Approvers>

<Approver>k2:DomainUser1</Approver>

<Approver>k2:DomainUser2</Approver>

<Approver>k2:DomainUser3</Approver>

</Approvers>.

I hope you find this helpful