Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a client activity that I send to a K2 defined role.  What I want to do is after the task gets created, automatically open that task as a particular member of that team (defined in a data field) so that the task isn't visible to the other team members (but can be released to them as they were on original destination list).

But I would like to if possible do this from inside the Activity itself e.g. not do this from calling code from another source after the work list item has been created as there isn't really a good external trigger point to do that.

Any ideas on how to best achieve this?

Thanks

I'd think you have to do it in the client event to call external webservice that opens the workitem via an account that has rights for impersonation to open the item as that user to mark it as Open...

Thanks for the reply, for that way to have I think I would have needed to open the work list item to fire the client event to hit the web service?  I was trying to get this to happen with no user intervention.

I was being a bit too complicated, I have found that it is easiest to just assign the task to the person in the first place then as necessary release the item back to the team that the user is a member of using the underground work list broker http://www.k2underground.com/groups/worklist_service_broker/default.aspx  impersonating as the service account.