Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have an escalation email that says something along the lines of "please complete your task".

They need to go to a custom form and open that individual task.

The tasks are updated on custom .aspx forms ... so i know the URL, i just need to include the "?SN="  in my email ...

where/how can i access that please and include it in an Escalation email?

Many thanks for any help.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Please have a look at the following blog. This is actually a detailed walkthrough of exactly how to generate this URL with screenshots, etc. For the ASPX pages, you'll only need to read through the top half of the entry.

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2009/08/10/how-to-create-infopath-task-url.aspx

HTH,

Tyler

I guess you are trying to create a Task Action URL. Please see the attachment on how to do this, if not it will show how to get the SN.

HTH

Vernon

Hi K2Tyler and Vernon

Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated. But i cant get the project to build .. I get the error below ... any ideas on this please?

Many thanks for your help

Bill

Error 1 The escalation action 'NAMEHERE' on activity ACTIVITYNAMEHERE cannot use the activity instance destination user because it is not available on Activity Level. C:PATH_REPLACEDExternalConference.kprx 0 1 ExternalConferences.WF

To confirm .. this is an activity escalation ... with an email action.

Many thanks

Bill

I think you will have to use Event Escalations to ensure the fields are available.

HTH

Vernon

Thanks Vernon - that was it. I managed to get another way which was to write it out to sharepoitn list on the initial reminder, then use that in the escalation emails ... but the event escalations look a more sensible way to go.

Many thanks for your help.

Bill