Skip to main content

Hi

I made a simple web application using the k2 APIs to retrive the list of tasks for certain user.

I dont use the impersonate functionality in the connection object  to retrive the tasks.

when i run the the application on my machine it retrieves my tasks, when i run it on another user's machine it retrieves his tasks. BUT - on my machine- when i use the "Run as" functionality of IE and log in using another user the retrived tasks are my tasks.

How to retrive the tasks of other users on my machine?

How does the connection object work.

You either have to impersonate the connection (i.e. myConnection.Impersonate(user)) or set impersonate= true in the identity section of the web.config.  If impersonate=false in the web.confg, and you are not impersonating the connection object, then the connection will be made as the application pool account and will load its work items.  Also be careful if debugging in Visual Studio if you don't have impersonate=true in the web.config file.  The web server included in VS will run as the person you are logged into the machine as, so this can cause confusion when debugging if you are hitting the temporary VS debugging site.  Also, if you use impersonate=true in the web.config file, you must use Windows Authentication in IIS.

Thats beyound my expectations