Skip to main content

Hi,

I've a K2 Blackpearl process that is integrated with SharePoint.

The custom notifications are sent through a custom assembly.

Initially, my component had several functions with say "m" number of parameters and now I've changed the functions to include some additional parameters.

I had some initiatives which used the old custom component. After making the new changes I've replaced the old component/assembly with the new one with has "n" parameters instead of "m" parameters.

All the new initiatives work fine as expected.

My question is will the old initiatives point to the new assembly with changes i.e., "n" parameters for old initiatives or will it look for the old assembly with "m" parameters.

Will the old initiatives work in this scenario or not as the function with "m" parameters doesn't exist?

If it doesn't work, do I've to build the assembly again with "m" parameters which worked with old initiatives?

How will this work? Do I've to still maintain the functions with "m" parameters along with "n" parameters in the custom assembly.

Kindly provide your inputs.

Thanks & regards,

Phanibabu Kandala

It depends on how the assembly is referenced in the process. If the process has the "Local" checkbox checked in the References modal, your old processes should still work. What this check does, is export the assembly included in the process version to the K2 databases. So each version of the process gets its own execution domain at run time and will load its own set of assemblies.

If you make use of an assembly added to the GAC, you will need to have it backward compatible in order for all versions to run successfully, as with any normal application.