How do you send an email notification every x day of the month?

• 24 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +11

Hey all! I am using Nintex Workflow 2013 and SharePoint 2013. I want to send an email notification the 13th of every month. How do I do that? I am sure others may need this same capability but the day may be different.

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +2

Hey burkslm,

I believe I've got a solution for you. Please note, I verified this in SP2016 but I would expect the functionality to be there for you.

To create workflows to perform scheduled notifications, Nintex Site Workflows can be created and scheduled to run on a daily basis. Each day, the workflow will test to see if the current day and the “Run on Date” match – if they do it will send the notification, otherwise it will do nothing.

Create a new site workflow and create the following Workflow Variables:

1. TodayDate – Date/Time field – Blank
  2. TodayDay – Single line of text
  3. RunOnDay – Single line of text

`   199998_pastedImage_1.png

Create a new Calculate Date action, and configure it to Use date when action is executed and update the TodayDate variable.

200003_pastedImage_3.png

Next, use a Build String variable to parse the TodayDate workflow variable and get the day value, storing it within the TodayDay variable:

fn-FormatDate({WorkflowVariable:TodayDate},dd)‍

Create a condition to compare the TodayDay and RunOnDay values. If setting the RunOnDay less than 10, be sure to use a “0” prefix so the strings will match.

200004_pastedImage_12.png

After adding the Send Notification to the “Yes” branch. Publish the workflow.

Navigate to the Nintex Workflow settings and select Schedule Site Workflows, and select Add Schedule. In the settings, be sure to specify the value of the RunOnDay variable, ensuring that the period is setting to 1 day.

200005_pastedImage_13.png

Badge +11

‌,

Thanks so much for  your solution.

I ended figuring the solution out Friday. I didn't want to put a field on the form for this. What I did was this:

*I created TodaysDate variable getting it from the CurrentDate in the workflow.

*I did a RegEx action on TodaysDate using the "/" to parse on.

*I pulled the day from the collection.

*I did an If Else action to say if that value = 13, send an email.

*This is a site workflow that will run everyday.

Badge +2

Glad you got it working!