Skip to main content

I would like to make LazyApproval even lazier.

In my task emails I want to create two buttons "Approve" and "Reject". When a user gets the email it is a one step process to approve or reject the task instead of clicking reply and then adding in the text that hopefully matches the outcome.  I see this question was previously ask but unfortunately I am unable to use the Outlook Add-In for Nintex due to my companies version of Outlook. 

To create these two buttons I need the LazyApproval GUID that is appended to the subject. In the picture below it is the t#EEEPPHCQPHCFPHC#] text.

Any ideas of how to get this variable?  

204828_pastedImage_0.png

Hi Chris,

I don't know if its possible to get that variable already in the workflow. As you said the Nintex Outlook Add-in does exactly what you want to achieve.

Which version of Outlook are you using? The Add-In works with Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016. The design of your screenshot looks like 2016, which should work fine:

204826_pastedImage_1.png

Best regards

Enrico

We are currently using MS Office Professional Plus 2010, Version 14.0.7181.50000.  

Note in addition to capturing the Approve/Reject, I am using the email response to capture field value assignments through regular expressions.  The idea is to have the Approve / Reject links in the initial email to create the reply in a standard format the user can fill out.  All is working as hoped except I cannot capture the LazyApproval token in the subject response.  The token is not listed in the email 'Insert Reference'.  Can it be inserted another way, such as manually entering a variable name not listed (ie {Common:LavyApprovalID}) into the HTML source?

Sounds like an interesting solution you have. I am not sure there is a internal variable for this. It's not in the GUI as you found out yourself but maybe there is some internal reference. I think you would need to get in touch with technical support as the documentation doesn't give a hint too.

If they give you some feedback it would be awesome if you could share it here.

Best regards

Enrico