Skip to main content

I am trying to create a workflow where if a field is checked then do something, if another field is checked the do something else and so forth.

I do not see how that is possible, can someone give me some guidance?

Thanks,

Danny

If depending on where you need your logic but typically that type of logic goes in the line rules to direct the workflow down one path or another.  You can also indent the rules you create to have multiple conditional logic.

Or somethings I'll use the If inline function (I believe Logic section) to perform an if statement.  Note inline functions can also be nested for multiple if statements.

Hi  @DannyH,

In what program are you creating your workflow?

To what is the workflow going to be linked at? {SharePoint, SmartForms, etc}

There is a way you can do this in SmartForms:

>Create a SmartObject with required fields. {Check box = True/False Type}

>Create a view from the SmartObject

>Add/Edit button to add rule.

>15419i6074A070B68D4908.png

>Under actions is 3 options (Start a Workflow)-(Open a Workflow)-(Action a Workflow)

>This can be set in action by using the condition "if ### contains True/False" then "Start/Open/Action" Workflow

Hope this helps.

Regards

Quintin

timkn,

where do i do that? I dont see where on the page designer.  Do i need to use K2 Studio in order to do this?

Hi, dherreracolumbi

You can use K2 studio, using the Line Rule, for more info on how to use the Line Rule can you please go to the following links below:

Note: the link below is from an external source

Regards

Julia

Hi, dherreracolumbi

Adding to the above suggestion attached please find a pdf documentation on K2 Inline Functions.

Hope this help you.

Regards

Julia

Hi, dherreracolumbi

Just wanted to follow up on this post, did you manage to create an If statement in a workflow?

Regards

Julia

No yet, still working on it.

is there a way to do this from the within the SharePoint workflow designer?  Ideally I would want the end user to be able to manage the workflow in there rather than K2 Studio.

this seems harder than it needs to be.  is it best to create the if statement in workflow or the smartform?

let me explain what i am trying to do with this workflow:

The document library has 7 columns, all Yes/No columns.  if the user checks one of the boxes to yes then the document is moved to specific location. 

So i want the workflow, if it can be setup this way, to check column 1, if yes then move to a specific location, if no check column 2, if yes then move it to a specific location, etc.

I feel like the form is the ideal place for this logic to exist, am I wrong?

Hi, dherreracolumbi

Please see the following link on Inline Functions Scenario - Using K2 Designer for SharePoint, hope this help.

Inline Functions Scenario - Using K2 Designer for SharePoint

Regards

Julia

Julia,
I have seen that document and it really does not help with what I am trying to do.
Please look at the attached image to see what I am trying to achieve.
After the user edits the item the workflow will start and go through each column and check if it is Yes or No.  If it is yes it will move the document to a new location and end workflow, if it is now it will move on to the next column.

Maybe I just don’t understand the document you sent me but to me it does not look like it is showing what I am trying to achieve.

14317i5B16DD093717D273.jpg

As Julia mentioned above, you should do this with Line Rules.

If you don't want to have all of your lines coming out of a single activity (which admitedly, might get ugly), you can use Placeholder Events as "decision points."  Placeholder Events don't do anything in your process, so your process will just keep going when it hits one.  You would still need line rules on each line coming out of the Placeholder Event.

See attached for an example.

13596i2F07504FB8FDFB9E.png