Skip to main content

All,

SP/Nintex 2013 on-prem

I'm wanting to copy an InfoPath form from Lib A to Lib B in the same site. The InfoPath form has attachments within the form.

I'm using the copy item action within my workflow. It copies over the form as I want. - Great so far.

I've then columns in Lib B which need updating with information held within the form. The information is already available in Lib A columns.

How do get the ID (I assume) of the newly copied item in Lib B and update columns with data values from it's original item in Lib A ?

I can't figure out the 'set variable' or query list - again I assume that's the way to go.

Thanks

Andrew

I don't know a builtin solution but directly after copying your document you could query the list with the new Item and get the ID of the item with the latest "created" data and maybe - for security - the account as creator that was used in your workflow.

Would that be an option?

Thanks I'll see if I can get it to work. I was trying to filter it down to IDs rather than time. I've seen form creation time classes in the past.

I've been able to do the following using an ID field:

Set IDVariable:

Query List Action:

Update Item:

Now playing with xml action to update a field on the InfoPath form for an InfoPath form load rule

I use the following steps in a workflow I have run when the readyForArchive flag (y/n) column is set to yes:

1. save current ID in a list item variable

2. copy the current item to archive list

3. commit pending changes (very important)

4. query the archive list for the last or highest ID

5. update the last item in the archive list with the current items old ID

Thanks

Please mark answered if this solved your issue - thank you!