Skip to main content

I cannot seem to conditionally hide a button on a form (or on the ribbon) based on the value of a SharePoint list property?  I tried "expression" in the drop downs in button configuration but they seem to have no affect. (If I specify "No" in the same drop downs, it does work, so I think I'm changing the right configuration option).  I can hide the button using a form rule (using the same syntax as I tried in "expression"), but the form rule does not seem to control the ribbon (button function is still visible and active on the ribbon).

I tried "expression" in the drop downs in button configuration but they seem to have no affect.

can you post more details what expression(s) have you tested and problems have you experienced?

this should work.

This is the most basic test I could think of. Simply showing or hiding a button based on the value of one, numeric property of the current item in a SharePoint list. I must be overlooking something simple…. I can hide the button on the form with the same simple expression (just testing for “!=” vs. “==” since the rule hides and the button config makes it visible). I could just use the rule, but that does not hide the ribbon function. The ribbon config doesn’t seem to work at all (unless I specify “No”, which does work).

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC

2701 University Parkway, Winston-Salem NC 27105

T| 336.724.3625 x1333 C| 336.749.8009

rpillsbury@goodwillnwnc.org<mailto:rpillsbury@goodwillnwnc.org>

use appearance expression like

fn-Equals(HideCancelButton,0)

== is javascript operator. it works in rules, calculation and other client side code since browsers can interpret it.

appearance expression is, however, server side evaluated (likely) by some nintex engine internally, so you have to use inline functions.

?That worked great! Simple solution... Thanks so much - I marked this as "correct answer" on Nintex Community.