Skip to main content
How do I know which user saved a document into a doc library in SharePoint 2003?
The problem is that the doc event fires under the NT Authority context and therefore I do not know who the user is who saved the documents. I want to populate a K2.net 2003 datafield with the user's name.

Answer:
Add a custom calculated field in your SharePoint document library called "Username".
Set the default value of this field to =[Me][/color:b3ecf0b31e]. When you save your documents SharePoint will populate this field with the name of the user currently uploading the documents. You can then bind this doc library field to a K2.net datafield and use it in your process.

-Dave Marcus
I get error: "Calculated columns cannot contain volatile function like Today and Me!!!!
icon-quote.gifpetert:
I get error: "Calculated columns cannot contain volatile function like Today and Me!!!!

Create a normal column of type "Single line of text". In the "Optional Settings" part, select the "Calculated Value" radio button and enter "=Me" in the textbox below the radio button. This will populate the the column as "DomainNameUserName"

If you require the username in a different flavour, try creating a column of type "Lookup (information already on this site)" and play around with the options availible when the "Get information from:" dropdown (in the "Optional Settings" part) is set to "User Information". You have options like Display name, ID, Email etc.
Yes, that is correct approach! I figure by my self, but forgot to post back on Forum!
Thanks