Skip to main content

As a simple example, I created a process that is integrated with InfoPath.  Then, I create a 2nd process that is integrated with the same InfoPath form.  When I deploy, I see two InfoPath templates published to the "K2 BlackPearl InfoPath Form Templates" SharePoint location.

How do I distinguish between the 2 forms?  For example, how do I know which of the 2 forms is associated with the 1st process?  I'm using the same form (and same InfoPath view) in both processes.

Hi davehacker

What you should do is have a look in the second process when you integrate the InfoPath template in the "Template Location" dropdownbox. There will be a 3 options and the one that says "Project System" is the one that points to templates that is already integrated with processes in your current project. So you will only have 1 copy of the template integrated into your project but you can use it in different processes. 

When you use the same template in 2 process and use the "Local or Network Location" setting in the wizard it will then create a copy and add a (1) to the second one implemented.

hth,

Thanks for the help, but that's not really what I was looking for.

I am already using the "project system" option so I only have one template in my visual studio project.  However, since the template is associated with 2 processes, when I deploy, two templates get copied into the K2 BlackPearl InfoPath Form Templates location.  I need to know which of the deployed templates is associated with which process.

I noticed the following field in the kprx file:

<DeploymentFileVersion>-myXSD-2008-06-09T17-05-41</DeploymentFileVersion>

I think this indicates which template is assocatiad with that kprx (process).  I need to do more testing to confirm this.  It would be nice if someone from K2 perhaps could confirm that this value is in fact the name of the InfoPath template that will be generated.  It would also be nice to control that value somehow so I can have a friendly display name.  Right now I suppose I'll just cross reference the kprx file.  I'll have to keep doing this since that value appears to change.

Actually from some quick testing I'm not sure if the DeploymentFileVersion element in the kprx file necessarily indicates the name of template that I'll find in the "K2 BlackPearl InfoPath Form Templates" SharePoint folder.

To clear things up, I have 2 processes associated with the same InfoPath template (via the "Project System" option in the K2 InfoPath Integration wizard).  When I deploy the 2 processes, I get the following 2 files in the "K2 BlackPearl InfoPath Form Templates" folder:

template_-myxsd-2008-06-09t17-05-41_client services request form.xsn

template_-myxsd-2008-06-09t17-05-42_client services request form.xsn

How do I know which xsn is associated with which process?  K2 must know somehow.  Right now I have 50-50 odds of picking the template I want.