Skip to main content

Symptoms

In reference to the email sent yesterday from K2 about the new version, 4.7, containing an update that will not run on non-consolidated databases:
The KB article states that if you did a 'clean install' of 4.6 or higher - no action needs to take place.
I was not here when we installed K2 for the first time, how do I know that we won't have to take the extra action?

I assume - since I only see one DB named K2 in SQL (clustered servers A/B) that we are consolidated but I do not like to assume.
Is there a test I can run?
Or file I can look at?
Program and Features is no help as it shows everything as our latest update 4.6.10.

Diagnoses

There are several ways to know which database model you are using.

Resolution

Here are some ways to check the model of databases used:

1. the SQL Server where the K2 BlackPear Database is. If there are 14 tables like K2HostServer, K2Server, K2Serverlogs . . . means multiple databases. Checking the connection string of the database K2 BlackPearl is connecting to by opening the next file: C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2Server.setup. Open it and go to the

2. Another test is to run the K2 BlackPearl Setup Manager and check the Database configuration almost at the end. If there is only one database name K2, then it is a consolidated, if not, K2HostServer will be there along with the other 13 databases.

Be the first to reply!