Skip to main content

How do I install updates to existing Nintex workflow in sharepoint online 2013. I see updates available in site contents, not sure what is the procedure to do this and if we can rollback if existing workflows/forms stop working.

The process is pretty easy from what I remember.  I pulled this from the following document Nintex Workflow 2013 - Product Update Process

1. Obtain an account with sufficient permissions. Ensure that the user account performing the installation and deployment (Windows user as well as user logged into Central Administration) is the Farm Installation account and that it is a Local Administrator on the server used for installation.
  2. Run the new installer (.exe file) for Nintex Workflow 2013.
    1. On the Confirm Installation page, at the prompt "Do you want to add the solution to SharePoint now?," select Yes. The installer will attempt to upgrade the solution in SharePoint.
    2. On the page that lists the Nintex Live installation option, select Install Nintex Live. This option installs the Nintex Live Framework, which is required to enable the Nintex Workflow - Nintex Live Catalog feature.
      After installation the Solution Management page appears.
  3. Refresh the Solution Management page until the installed Nintex solutions are listed as Deployed.

Let me know if that helps.