Skip to main content

Greetings,

I am looking to "reset" a custom XML field back to it's process start condition.

Here is the schema.. pretty basic. Just one repeating node.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <xsd:element name="Reviewers">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="ReviewerID" type="xsd:int" />
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

In one part of my process, I transfer repeating node data from an InfoPath form to the ReviewID. Then I use the ReviewID as the "Plan per slot" to kick off IPC sub-processes, one for each id.

Later in the process, there is the possibility for rework. So I need to cycle back to the IPC Activity, but with a different list of ID entries.. So before I populate with new information, I want to clear the field.

What function or event do I use? I tried putting an empty string function into a data event, but it's throwing compilation errors and I'm not sure that it will delete the node entries that are already there.

Thanks,

Doug

BlackPearl 4.6.1

Have a look at the Data Event, there is a checkbox that allows you to create a Nil attribute when the source is not found or null. So set the repeating section as the Destination and empty value for the Source with the option checked. I've used that before for clearing attachments, it might work in your case too.

That doesn't work using the "Empty String" function and checking the box. I get an error when deploying .

2 Error(s)
(Workflow) The best overloaded method match for 'System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToString(bool)' has some invalid arguments

(Workflow) Argument '1': cannot convert from 'string' to 'bool'