Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a form where there are multiple radio buttons. Based on radio button user based selection(s), there are drop-down fields that get updated. As of now we are making these changes via back-end workflow. The issue is that the changes/selections made by the user do not show the results at the form. The results are displayed after the form is submitted.

However, is there are way to make such changes at run-time i.e. when the form load and the user makes appropriate selection(s)?

HI,

I assume that drop-down-fields are based on Lookup List Control.

Is the Filtering Parameters section of this control could help you?

sample 4.png

Pierre,

Thank you for your reply. I am using multiple choice fields for my drop downs. Moreover, the requirement is to use radio button(s) selection should display the result within the choice fields. So for example if radiobutton#1 is selected and radiobutton#2 is selected then value "x" should be displayed with the form and "y" in case radiobutton#1 is selected only.

As of now we are using workflows to display these changes. But these changes take their affect after the fact i.e. after the form is submitted. Users would like to see the changes on the fly i.e. while making these selections on the form itself.

Hi Naseer,

Is the result could be something like that?

sample 1.png

and

sample 2.png

If I'm right, "result" is a Calculated Value Control which can be connected with a field in your list, with a formula like below :

sample 3.png

I used "x value" and "y value" as variables so that you can use static values or lookup values, depending on your needs.

Regards