Skip to main content

I have a content type with a standard 'dotx' template file associated with it, and this content type is applied to a document library.  It is the only content type on that document library.  I have a LIST which users will enter information, and upon submission, a workflow is called with a single module: "Create list item".  This module is pointed to the document library (and associated content type).  Now, when the user saves their LIST item, the workflow is launched and a new item is created in the document LIBRARY.  I can see the word document is created, and the workflow completes successfully.  The properties of the newly created document I can also view (and edit) but the actual document will not open.

The problem is, the document cannot be opened at all.  When attempting to open the document, I receive the following error in Word:

"The file text.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents."

Details:

No error detail available.

Has anyone experienced this before?  This is my first foray into creating documents dynamically.

Not using this method, but similar, when I uploaded blank documents to a library that were autogenerated I received the same error. My fix was to use a document template that had some kind of body text in the document instead of a blank one.