Skip to main content

I installed SP1 this morning, and now the K2 Blackpearl service refuses to start. If I run the Host Server in console mode, I get this error:

Info 1001 Host Server Started as MYDOMmyuser
Info 1002 Using .NET Framework v2.0.50727
Info 1003 Host Server Version: 4.7285.1.0
Info 1005 Initializing Connection to Host Server Database: SQL-SPS-VFR.HostServer
Info 1007 Initialized Connection to Host Server Database: SQL-SPS-VFR.HostServer
Info 1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.Providers.K2UMProvider.K2UMProvider
Info 1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.Providers.SalesforceProvider.SalesforceProvider
Info 1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.Providers.SharePoint.SharePointProvider
Error 2001 Error Starting Host Server: Could not load file or assembly 'ADUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
;K2 HostServer Console Mode
;======================================
;Loading .NET Framework v2.0.50727
;Framework loaded successfully.
;Creating App Domain.
;Creating Host Server Runtime.
;Boot Strapping Hosting Server Runtime
;Press ESC to end..

;Error Invoking 'StartHostServer' : Could not load file or assembly 'ADUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

;Stopped Hosting Server Runtime

ADUM.dll is in the same folder. What should I do?

Edit: I checked the file version and it's 4.7285.1.0 which I assume is the good one (with Hotfix 2.01 it was 4.7214.1.0)

Hum... There's definitely a problem!

I've replaced ADUM.dll SP1 with the previous version (from Hotfix 2.01) and now it "works". But my concern now is that I have a full Blackpearl SP1 system excepted this assembly.

Am I the only one?

As it was only a development server, I deleted everything and just reinstalled Blackpearl. Now it works, but I wouldn't have encounter this on a production platform.

Edit: I've just spotted the origin of the problem! In fact, when I added a new SecurityLabel to my brand new platform, the problem reappeared. After some invistigation, I noticed that there was a difference with the Default Security Label. This is due to the new ADUM assembly.

In the KB article #000182 the XML chunk to insert is not valid anymore, as there is now a public key token associated to the assembly (stroke: the line to change, red: the correct version):

<roleprovider>  
<init>ADCache=10;LDAPPath=LDAP://DC=subdomain1,DC=net;ResolveNestedGroups=False;IgnoreForeignPrincipals=False;
IgnoreUserGroups=False;DataSources=&lt;DataSources&gt;&lt;DataSource Path="LDAP://DC=subdomain1, DC=net"
NetBiosName="subdomain1" /&gt;&lt;/DataSources&gt;;;</init>
<login />
<implementation assembly="ADUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
type="ADUM.K2UserManager2" />
<implementation assembly="ADUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" 
type="ADUM.K2UserManager2" />

<properties>
<user>
<property name="Name" type="System.String" />
<property name="Description" type="System.String" />
<property name="Email" type="System.String" />
<property name="Manager" type="System.String" />
<property name="SipAccount" type="System.String" />
<property name="ObjectSID" type="System.String" />
</user>
<group>
<property name="Name" type="System.String" />
<property name="Description" type="System.String" />
</group>
</properties>
</roleprovider>

I had the same error after Installing SP1, and this seems to have resolved it.