Skip to main content

Symptoms

dear Bahsar,
i faced an issue which repeated last days many times,
when i try to start host server services it stopped and give me an error
SourceCode.HostServerLib : bind() Failed. Error code: 10048

i attached the errors which appeared

Diagnoses

My Initial response to ticket was :"Kindly note that K2 development environment runs only in console mode"
The customer replied that "this is a production server" my response was " Is the k2 server running in console mode? If so you cannot run the k2 service since it is exclusive or only one of them should be running."

He told me that "he is running only the console". my reply was to "check the bindings and see if there is a certificate error."

After checking he found that there was a certificate error and fixed it.

The following error started to appear:
"
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
"

My reply was:
"
Whenever you run into this type of error you have to start K2 service in console mode to see why it is failing as with such error service fails to start on an early stage prior to initialization, and before it begins writing to log files.

Most common causes here a locked network ports required by K2 blackpearl service, updated group policy settings, missing config files or lack of access to required files for K2 service account - and it is possible to see exact problem when K2 service started in console mode.
"

We ran the setup manager and the issue was resolved in when running console service account.

there were errors related to k2 worklist control which was resolved also by installing the k2 control pack

Resolution

My Initial response to ticket was :"Kindly note that K2 development environment runs only in console mode"
The customer replied that "this is a production server" my response was " Is the k2 server running in console mode? If so you cannot run the k2 service since it is exclusive or only one of them should be running."

He told me that "he is running only the console". my reply was to "check the bindings and see if there is a certificate error."

After checking he found that there was a certificate error and fixed it.

The following error started to appear:
"
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
"

My reply was:
"
Whenever you run into this type of error you have to start K2 service in console mode to see why it is failing as with such error service fails to start on an early stage prior to initialization, and before it begins writing to log files.

Most common causes here a locked network ports required by K2 blackpearl service, updated group policy settings, missing config files or lack of access to required files for K2 service account - and it is possible to see exact problem when K2 service started in console mode.
"

We ran the setup manager and the issue was resolved in when running console service account.

there were errors related to k2 worklist control which was resolved also by installing the k2 control pack

Be the first to reply!