Skip to main content
Can somebody tell me if I am doing this right? I have created a workflow process and I am starting it from a WindowsApp. I have created an activity for manager's approval. The manager has to approve from the windows app. I have created the destination rule to send it to the Manager. I added a client event and just left it like that and didn't do anything(client side code is checked by default).

I am changing the data (from WinForm) that causes the line rule from this activity to be true. The flow is waiting at Manager's Approval even though I approved it. Do I have to do something else in the Event Item?

Thanks for your help!
You must call the WorkListItem.Finish() method in order for the event to complete. The line rule will not evaluate until the events for the activity have completed.

Mike
How do I get access to that one particular WorkListItem for that event to call the Finish() method? How do I know which worklistitem has that event?

I have the ID of the ProcessInstance and just want to finish the event for this process instance.

I appreciate your help.
Basani,

The problem you've got is: There is NO worklist item.

With the Default Client Event set to 'Client Side Code', the idea is to at least store the Event's Serial number (in order to finish the event later) in some external system - either on the file system or in a database.

By default, 'Client Side Code' hasn't got ANY code in it and it is expected of the Developer to add the appropriate code.

Without a Serial Number, you will NOT be able to finish the client event.

Your options are to either redirect the process flow to another Activity using GoToActivity (which will in effect Expire the Client Event) or K2.net Service Manager OR to stop/delete the current process instance, repair, re-export and restart the same process instance.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Hello Ockert,

Thanks for all your help. I am now adding the worklist and retrieving them.

Do I have to use WorkListCriteria to get only the worklist that belongs to a particular process? Or is it not possible to get my worklist that belongs to one particular process?

Thanks