Skip to main content

Hello - I am new to Nintex Workflows and looking for some advice on how to go about building a Nintex work flow in SharePoint 2013/2016.

I want to accomplish the following:

1. New list item is created > email notification is sent to specific recipient.

(I know the workflow settings can be set to start upon creation of new item. It's the next items I'm finding challenging; not sure which Nintex Workflow Actions to use)

2. That Recipient changes the column value "Status" to Assigned > email notification is sent to Creator.

3. Recipient completes the task and changes the same column value "Status" to Completed > email notification is sent to Creator.

I have tried different combinations of  actions (e.g., Send Notification, Run if) but haven't quite figured it out. Any guidance or examples you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I think one way to do this is to have three workflow. First would be your step 1. Second and third would be your step 2 and 3. Your step 2 workflow is set to run conditionally when an item is modified (so Workflow Settings > Start when items are modified = Conditional, and then the condition would be "status column = 'Assigned'"). And step 3 workflow is like the step 2.

Does that work? I think it should work.

Hi @amerky10 ,

This sounds to me like a task action is what you are looking for. The workflow would send an email to the initiator letting them know who it was being assigned to, it would then assign a task to that person and once it is completed the workflow would then email the initiator. I have included a couple useful links below and attached a workflow example.