Skip to main content
How can K2 archive process instances that have been completed?
K2 automatically maintains the process instance in the K2Log database. This includes all versions of the XML at each activity (ProcessInstance data), all versions of the XML at client events (ActivityInstanceDestination data), the entire path the instance took through the process, etc.

If you want to keep a copy of the "final" XML, you could write it into Sharepoint (providing you have Sharepoint) as the last event in the process.

If you are asking how to "archive" the K2Log database, I don't believe K2 has a way to do that right now. I do have a list of all the database tables currently used to store this information for K2.Net 2003 SP1a. But I'm sure Source Code would frown upon direct maniuplation of the K2Log database.

In Service Pack 3 (and above), K2.net definitely has a tool for archiving the K2Log database. This is available, if you don't already have it, from the K2 Portal.

The default location of the archiving tool if you don't already have it is C:Program FilesK2.net 2003in

Once you have found or downloaded the tool, simply run the Archive application and  select the location of you K2Log db and the location of the archive db you want the files to go into. You will then be asked to provide the dates between which you wish for files to be archived.

Hope this helps.

M

Just confirmed for myself, SP3 is the first one to offer archiving.
Archive Tools was actually first introduced in SP2a.
Oops, my bad. I was checking the downloads on the Customer Portal.