Skip to main content

I have been trying to create a simple approval workflow. So, I followed the 'Infopath integration Workflow' example from the Tutorial. I need some help and clarification on the following:

1. As per the tutorial, I have created the infopath form content type, but when I fill up and submit these form to form library list, the entries are created with a strange name, can it be modified to have some naming convention preferably using some data from within the submitted form?

2. When the submitted infopath document is 'Approved' or 'Deleted', the WF ends and form gets removed from the form library. What should I do to retain the form in the library after the workflow is complete?

3. Can I have more than one infopath form content type in a single form library, each with it own K2 workflow?

4. How can I expose the infopath form data for use in reports etc?

5. Are there any better tutorials/articles on creating workflows, which might have answered the above questions for me?

Thanks in advance.

1. I don't think that you can change the name of the submitted form.

2. You could add a step (Sharepoint Documents Activity) in the process that saves the document from a K2 field to a sharepoint document library

3. I haven't tried this, but I believe that you could

4. You could save the data from the infopath form into a database - there are probably a large number of ways of creating reports from the information in the forms, it would depend on your requirements.

5. Not that I know of, although K2 do offer some great training courses which I would highly recommend. I have found trial and error, and support from this forum to be invaluable.

Best of luck with it

Some folks from our company (Xede Consulting) just took the Inobits training and it was really good.  3 days of class.

http://www.inobitsinc.com/K2TrainingCalendar.aspx

If you can spare the coin...

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am based in Singapore and I need to get productive in K2 blackpearl in a very short time.

I was expecting some kind of better documentation that could help me work on small custom applications in 2-3 weeks time.

icon-quote.gifwdavis:

Some folks from our company (Xede Consulting) just took the Inobits training and it was really good.  3 days of class.

http://www.inobitsinc.com/K2TrainingCalendar.aspx

If you can spare the coin...