Skip to main content

Hello,

So I am trying to incorporate the GSA website into my workflow so that I can access the Per Diem Rates from the website for a travel request form.  When I created my Call Web Service and entered the URL, I was told that there is no web service for the site gsa.gov.  I was wondering if there is a way to pull the info from the site based on a variable of location given from the Nintex Form that would allow me to obtain the per diem rates for that location.  I am not sure how to do this since it is not a web service.  The URL that I am using is this one.  It does not need any passwords or usernames, just the location.  

Thank you

Hello Duncan Leathrum‌ – there is actually a REST API accessible without authentication for GSA per diem rates. You can find it here:

API for Per Diem Rates 

You'll have to parse the JSON that's returned, but it's a solid endpoint!

Awesome thanks!  This should be what I need.  However I am new to Nintex and am not positive how to get the data from the API right now.  I have been following the site here, but I don't think I am following it correctly.  I currently have it set up like this to just get a single value from the API.

206239_pastedImage_1.png

The web requests go in order of POST, POST, GET, POST with the query XML are basically the same almost.  Is this how you set these up?

Which Nintex workflow product are you using? On-prem or O365?

I am running it through Sharepoint 2013 Online

You shouldn't need multiple web request actions, just a single web request with a GET method. Just make sure to read the documentation on the API and have your URL formatted properly via a build string action before using it.