Skip to main content

Hello;

I have created the process with an infopath client event. When the form get approve from manager, I would like to create the sharepoint team site by using infopath form title to be the project site name and URL. Then I want to add and grant group og people to this site.

It was working fine before till yesterday afternoon. I got this error

Server was unable to process request. ---> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The Web site address "/sites/naig/opsvc/ae/Test111" is already in use. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700B7): The Web site address "/sites/naig/opsvc/ae/Test111" is already in use. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.CreateWeb(String bstrUrl, String bstrTitle, String bstrDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String bstrWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueWeb, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid& pgWebId, Guid& pgRootFolderId, Boolean bCreateSystemCatalogs) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CreateWeb(String bstrUrl, String bstrTitle, String bstrDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String bstrWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueWeb, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid& pgWebId, Guid& pgRootFolderId, Boolean bCreateSystemCatalogs) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CreateWeb(String bstrUrl, String bstrTitle, String bstrDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String bstrWebTe

It seems like the server cannot create the site because this site name is already in use. Even I change the title to other names (I am sure that they all are new name). The weird thing is this site was created but the process flow got stuck at this point. It can't go to the next event. 

I don't know what wrong with the sharepoint server or my process.

Does anyone have an idea?

It's not the site NAME it's complaining about, it's the site ADDRESS. This address (site) is allready used: /sites/naig/opsvc/ae/Test111. Just append that address to your server name in a brower and you'll see.

If the process made this site, you COULD delete the site and do a Retry on the failed process. 

Cato;

I have tried another simple process as well,

1. The new process only has the Sharepoint Sites and Workspaces event.

2. For the site Title and URL Name, I use process data field that I can type any word when I start New Instance.

Create new Instance  -- > Load Data Field --> I typed the Name and URL Address. -- Of course they all are never used before.

3. I got the same error.

I dont know what normally people do when they want to create the new site by using dynamic Name and URL address.

Thank you; =)