Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to send an email to originator after a user finishes his workitem.

I have a clientevent in activity and I added a mailevent after this client event in the same activity.

In this mail I'm trying to send Action Result which user had selected but I'm getting empty field.

If I look thru SQL Reporting I see that datafield Action Result on this activity is empty, however Action Result in Slot data has value.

Is it possible to get this value from slot data into the mail event ?

Thanks,

Kruno

You should be able to use the 'Action Result' data field within the Activity.  This is accessible via the K2 Object Browser (see screenshot):

13823i1932CA4FF3502805.jpg

Hi

How is your destination rule set up? Slot amount, plan per destination or plan just once?

Under the Data Fields-> Activity-> [ActivityName] you will see there is a datafield 'Action Result'. Have you tried to use it?

If your destination rule is set up as Plan just once and you have two slots specified, you will get one mail with the last action taken be populated in the 'Action Result' datafield. If you set up your destination rule as Plan per destination and 2 slots, you will receive two mails with the action results in each mail.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Destination rule is set Plan per destination, All at once. I have tried slot number = 1 and slot for each destination.

I've used the 'Action Result' datafield as you and Bob suggested however I'm getting empty string in my mail.

In attachment You can see what I'm getting in SQL reporting for a finished process.

I'm not sure why 'Action Result' in Activity Instance Data is not the same as 'Action Result' in Activity Instance Slot Data.

I think that in my mail event I'm using 'Action Result' of activity instance data and that is why I'm getting an empty string.

Thank You,

Kruno

13410i62B13C665BE7DCDF.jpg

I've configured my process with the same destination rule configuration as yours and am able to successfully see the Action Results field in the email.

What version of K2 are you using?

Would it be possible to share your KPRX?

Hi Bob,

Host server version: 4.8075.1.0 - This I got when I started K2HostServer.exe

In K2Server._setting table version number is 4.8061.1.0

KPRX is in the attachment.

I'm storing destination users in a XML Field DestinationUsersXML, so You should change the initial values before starting the process.

Also, I'm using a K2 server field values in Client and Mail Event so You will have to change those as well.

Thanks for helping me.

Kruno