Skip to main content

I am trying to pass the id of a deleted list item to a smart object for further processing. I created a process that has a SharePoint event that triggers when an item is deleted. I mapped the item properties to an xml field. Then I added a smart object to the process and mapped the item ID from the xml fields to the input field required by the smart object.

When I try to run the process I get the following errors:

"Input string was not in correct format"

"Unable to cast object of type 'System.String[]' to type 'System.Iconvertible'"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luis

Is the exception generated by the K2 process when it runs or SharePoint when it attempts to start the K2 Process?

The exception is generated by the K2 process.

I have the same issue. The process triggers when the list item is deleted but all the data is null when i try to call it in the process. This technically makes sense because the list item is deleted but I would have hoped to store some information about that list item in a data field before the item actually got completed deleted. I have yet to find a solution for this.

Even a simple email event that would notify a group of users which record was deleted is not possible.

Did anyone find an answer to this?

I am getting the

"Unable to cast object of type 'System.String[]' to type 'System.Iconvertible'"

when trying to use a SmartObject to lookup an email address for a destination.

I'm running blackpearl 4.6.1 and would have thought that it was fixed .. http://help.k2.com/en/kb000516.aspx  But it's not.

-Doug

I think the fields are empty as the K2 wizards subscribe to the ItemDeleted event and at that point in time, the data is no longer available.

There are however some data available that can potentially help you. The process wizard creates an XML field called "EventDetails". This gets populated with the URL of the List and the List Item ID, but that is pretty much it.