Skip to main content

Hi there,

I'm creating a web request that posts to our IT ticketing application to create a new ticket. Everything is working except the "incident date" for which I'm using the create date info to build my string. The string I'm passing needs to include the time zone. I added a Z to my time format but it doesn't add the time zone. How do I pull this from the create date/time?

I'm currently just hard coding it into the string but it will be a pain to remember to update twice a year for the time change.

Thanks

Kassie

I'm using the create date info to build my string

could you explain what you mean with this and how exactly you create tthe date?

any example?

I added a Z to my time format but it doesn't add the time zone

'Z' stands for GMT+0, so what timezone would you expect there

note to say working with date/time-s and timezones is realy a pain in nintex sad.png

Hey Marian,

Thanks for the response! I'm using the "created" column in SharePoint for my date info. It's a default list column. Then I did a couple of calculated columns to parse the date by itself and time by itself. So on the calculated date column is where I'm trying to add the z to the formatting =TEXT(Created,"HH:MM:SSZ")

We're on Mountain time so it would be GMT -6.

Thanks again for your help!

Kassie

ah, I see.

missing 'd' from 'created' gave it different meaning happy.png

so, do  you want to get timezone info directly in sharepoint's calculated field?

then I'm affraid you're out of luck. sharepoint always converts datetimes to current user/browser local timezone and do not expose timezone info to public.

I'm not aware of no code solution how you could get current local timezone info/shift in sharepoint list.

ok. I was just using the calculated field because I thought it would be the most straightforward approach, I'm totally open to getting the value with a workflow. I'm just not sure how to do that.

You said time zone isn't exposed to the public. Does that mean there's a way to pull it from the back end?

Thanks

Kassie

Does that mean there's a way to pull it from the back end?

sure, if you write your own code you have full control over what is submitted to nintex.

I'm totally open to getting the value with a workflow

workflow have it's own quirks...

the only action that recognizes (resp. should) timezone resp. difference between local/UTC time is calculate date action. it has an option 'Time is' local/UTC which should denote whether input date is in one or the other zone. but it doesn't work according that at all. I've opened a ticket for that with Nintex Support‌ for a year already, still cannot make them to fix it.

imho, the most reliable way is to prepare the value in forms. however, you will not be able to rely on out of the box Created field (in NEW form).

simple formula like this should do the job

formatDate({Common:CurrentTime},"HH:mm:sszzz")