Skip to main content

SP 2013/Smartforms question/blackpearl:

I am trying to configure a view at the top of a form that displays a list item that was created previously in the WF. This view i'm trying to configure is attached to a SP list/smartobject that is external to this form (on the same subsite). I want to be able to get the proper list item to display by specifying the ID (or some other method that will do the trick).

I'm not sure how I need to configure this? Do I need to use paramters? I'm still figuring this K2 stuff out. =)

Hi Coru

Is the form displaying the list item being opened as part of the workflow (e.g. is the workflow sending an email with a link to this form?). Does the workflow store the ID for the list item as a data field?

If so then you have 2 options.

1. Add the ID as a parameter to the form and then add the parameter to the form link (when you construct it in the workflow)

2. Push the ID (data field) to a hidden control on the form/view. You can only do this if you are using the SmartForms client event in the workflow (there is a step in the wizard to set form fields)

In both cases you will need to execute the list smartobject read method on the form initialize (or initialized) method and pass the form parameter or hidden data label value in as the input parameter.

The WF display the form through a smartform task with an accompanying notification. 

I haven't set up any data fields nor am I familiar with them. Are they essentially vartiables?

I'll do some tinkering to see if I can get it and report back with questions if needed. 

Cheers,

Sweeet!

I did method 1 and got it my first try. Thanks again Andrew!