Skip to main content

Greetings all.

I have an InfoPath form-started process.  I am wondering, is there an easy way to capture automatically who it was that started the process (filled out the form)?  The form is published as a SharePoint form library, and users would need to therefore be authenticated already to have access to it.

I'm wondering is there a nice and easy way to capture the Active Directory user who submitted the form and perhaps capture it into XML data of the InfoPath form itself?  Then I could easily make rules based on that data in the blackpearl process.

Thanks...

Hi,

From your 'Workflow Context Browser' in the 'K2 Object browser' you can find the 'Originator' node under 'Process Instances'. This holds the information of each user who has started the process.

hope this helps,

Thanks for the pointer.

Check out this blog.  Works a treat and gives you access to a whole bunch of other stuff about the user.

http://kwizcom.blogspot.com/2007/11/importing-data-from-ad-to-infopath-2007.html

If all you really need is the user ID of the submitter, then the userName() function that is built in with InfoPath will do just fine.  On your submit rule just make an action that sets a field's value to userName()