Skip to main content

Hello,

I am new to K2 so I apologize if my question is simple.

I have a K2 SmartBox SmartObject that I want to retrieve all distinct records from, given my query. I have not been able to find any documentation or help on how to achieve this, and I would appreciate any help you can provide.

We are running K2 version 4.7.

Thanks,

Justin

Dear,

I have never found out of the box option for having distinct results ...

if your data source is a sql server , then i suggest you create a stored procedure that retreives distinct values ,

then create a smart object off of that stored procedure .

Hope it helps!

Regards

Hi Ahmad,

I appreciate your quick response. Unfortunately, our data source is not a SQL Server. We are using a K2 SmartBox, and it is my understanding that we cannot run a stored procedure on K2 SmartBoxes.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Justin

Dear,

From my understanding , k2 smartboxes are tables generated inside the K2 Database .

the K2 database is in the sql server you have ,but still i dont think the stored procedure thingy would work ...

to be honest i don't have a thought for solving that , probably someone else in the community could help with it better.

but for me , i would rather use smart objects generated by sql server tables , so i could be able to manipulate it and design it as i wish , unlike the smartboxes which will be auto generated inside the k2 database.

Regards.