Skip to main content

Is there a way to get all the pending approval tasks for each user?

there is a webpart from nintex named "my workflow tasks."

u can find it when adding an app to ur page, under nintex workflow 2013

in the configuration, you can choose to get all your tasks in the farm, or just a specific site.

show all tasks for all users, or just the logged in user

yes, this is what I have tried. However, I had a hard time retrieving the Approval URL from the list. Is there another way to retrieve it other than constructing the approval url again?

in the workflow itself at the "common" tab there is something called "approval url"

that will give you the url.

another way is to view the workflow history of that item itself, if there is a pending task, you can see it there

Sorry I wasnt being clear in my question. What I was trying to do is create a scheduled workflow to query the Tasks list and get the pending requests from it with their approval URLs. When viewing the items in the tasks list, the approval url shows in the title column. I tried to get but it returns empty. I think the only way to get it is through constructing the approval URL in the workflow using string builder. Do u think there's another smoother way of getting it?

create a loop, check where the status is not started.

get the ID of the item and assigned to

build a string like this http://servername/site/Lists/Workflow%20Tasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=IDvariable

send this link by email to the assigned person