Skip to main content

Hello,

i was wondering if it is possible to make a generic event. By generic event i mean an event i would configure myself with code or whatever i want, outside from my process, and then use it in my process as many times as i want.

For example i have mail notifications that are always the same, so i need to configure them every time. If i want to make a change in the mail notification, i have to go through every mail notification event and change something. If i had a reference to a generic event, it would be much easier, i would simply change the model and the change would affect all my mail notification events. (just like when you change a destination queue, it affects all the activities that have the destination queue as destination rule ).

Do you know if there is a feature in K2 that corresponds to this?

Thanks for your help, have a nice day.

You could use the Code Modules for that?  You call the email function there and one place for code change (assuming parameters are the same).

Or you could create external DLLs.

There is a an unsupported K2.net 2003 SDK that permits this.  If you are interested I'd recommend you contact your local K2 office and inquire about the K2.net 2003 Studio Assist SDK.
Ok, i'll take a look at those solutions, thank you for your answers.