Skip to main content

Symptoms

Client is looking for a way to alias an email address to something more descriptive.

Diagnoses

Client will have to create a new email address in order to alias the old email address

Resolution

After doing some testing on this in different ways, we found you can do the following in Workspace in order to have a more descriptive email name.

What I did was as follows:
1. Add a new user (email) to the Active Directory Users and Computers list.
I gave my new user the following credentials
Firstname: TestEmail
DispayName: TestEmail
Email Address:ActualK2Server@denallix.com

2. Change the environment fields in Workspace for my given environment, in this case, DEV.
I changed the FROM ADDRESS from the Development Environment Fields to reflect ActualK2Server@denallix.com as well as change the String Table entry for FROM ADDRESS to ActualK2Server@denallix.com.

I then ran a few test instances of a simple workflow that sends an email after a client event is actioned. For all these instances, I still had the workflow sending from Administrator@denallix.com. These emails now come through as being from ActualK2Server@denallix.com

I tried another email named, NotificationEmails@denallix.com, and that worked as well.

You can make your email address as descriptive as you like, as long as it is not a duplicate of any email addresses you have in the Active Directory Users and Computers list.

Does this Apply for Appit Customer?