Skip to main content

Hi,

Is there an easy way to browse the forums?

I find the most active threads / most recent post tabs not very helpfull when browsing a specific category. Mainly because all the replies to one posting are shown. I would like to see the posting (with the question), now I see mostly a lot of the replies, because they discussion has already started.

The search works nice, when searching for a particular subject though.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter - This is near the top of my list of site enhancements and I am currently scoping it with our developers. I'm actually surprised that you're the first one to mention it 🙂

I don't have a launch date yet, but my intent is to have a chronological thread view available inside of each forum board. Is that what you have in mind as well?

Exactly, overview of all threads / topics. Not the postings itself.

And when you open a posting see all replies underneath. I just notices there's a small table at the bottom with the complete thread, and you have to click each row to see the next; this removes context because you see each reply on it's own.

Regards,

Peter

And while you're at it; show the replies in the correct order. See attach; when I reply it seems that I reply to my self. You're posting is at the bottom.

10671iFC54AFBCEFF5939F.png

@pblommendaal wrote:

Exactly, overview of all threads / topics. Not the postings itself.

And when you open a posting see all replies underneath. I just notices there's a small table at the bottom with the complete thread, and you have to click each row to see the next; this removes context because you see each reply on it's own.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter. Can you tell me how you got to the view with the small table at the bottom (in your attachment)? I can't seem to reproduce that view and have never seen it before.

I think I changed my settings to: List by topics under Display settings. Or some other setting; there are a lot...

We currently don't advise changing those view settings. It's another thing I'm working on with the vendor, but I'd suggest putting it back for now if you can.

Ok, changed it back for now.