Skip to main content

Hello all,

I seem to have a few issues setting up form validation on an editable list within my form.

When I have selected rules (using the form validation condition) on the editible list it does not seem to see it correctly unless I add it to the list but leave it in the "add new row" state instead of adding a row and confirming it.

I have attached two images to explain what I mean 🙂 (titled accordingly)

Is there anyway I can have it without having it in Edit state as Require the row to be "added" for it to save correctly.

Kind Regards,

Martin

16128iD94006C54E63D246.jpg
11433i923950CF4723AE92.jpg

Hi Martin

Validation on editable lists can be a bit tricky.

I suggest adding the validation statement to the "When the View executed List Item added" event, or the "When the Add button is clicked" event, and select the controls in the editable section of the listview. What this will do is prevent the user adding a new row unless the current row is valid.

12780iAD162EFC791C9D55.png

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your input I have included that on my view as it is very useful. However, As the view is part of a large form with multiple views I require a rule configuration to make sure at least one attachment has been added to the supporting documents list before submission. I may not have been as clear in my original post but what seems to be a problem is the form validation rule on submission doesn't seem to accept attachments unless there in the "add new row" state (please see screenshots in original post).  

Hope this extra info helps in finding a solution to my issue.

Kind Regards,

Martin