Skip to main content

Hi all, i am setting up the Staging and Development environment. While the staging using non production license, and development using development license, which blackpearl running on console but not services.

For both installation and configuration step is same, and now i trying to setup the form authentication. For staging, it was working perfectly, which i able to login either using domain account and sql account at form authentication.

However, it was failed on development environment, i managed to login using sql account, but when using domain account, once click on the Sign In button the page refresh itself and  still at the signin screen. If i type in wrong password it still will prompt warning, thats why i'm sure i type in the correct password and it actually authenticated, just the page is not reflect due to unknown reason.

When i check back the blackpearl console it has the line stated:

Error 8060 ProcessPacket Error, Authentication with server failed : The method or operation is not implemented.

Appreciate with someone can tell me how should i proceed.

Dear,

Check this out:

help.k2.com/files/7518

wish it helps

regards,

Hi Steve91, thank you for the documentation link, i did read it too.

The blackpearl in development server started in console mode, the only thing i don't understand is why it can't login using domain account in form authentication.

I

Dear,

I have a friend he had the same issue,

you'll have to check K2Server.config & K2HostServer.exe.config & ConnectionStringEditor.exe, I guess it's connection string configurations,

Hello Alex,

Is the version of K2 between development and staging the same?  Usually you can verify this via Windows "Program and Features" settings.

hi Tin, i can sure it is same version, 4.6.9. I using the same installation file to install it.

Yesterday i did try few possiblity, and found out something.

If login method is Windows STS, i can singin with no issue.

If login method is Forms STS, i can singin using SQL user, can sign in using domain account provided it is the same account who startup the console mode.

For example, if the blackpearl console was started by mydomainAlex, then i can singin via form authentication using mydomainAlex, but others domain account like mydomainK2admin will not able to sign in.

It seems like missing the impersonate rights or something like that??