Skip to main content

Hi, I'm new to K2 blackpearl and I'm creating a relatively simple approval workflow.  The workflow is kicked off when a user submits a new SharePoint list item.  The customer wants to have a required comment when a request is rejected.  They plan to do a lot of the actioning via the K2 worklist web part.  Is there a way to  force a comment from the user if they reject, specifically from the K2 worklist?  And can I tie that back to a field on the SP list?  Seems like this should be able to happen, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Thanks.

Hi Gsmith,

Your question is really about form design, not so much about K2. 

You have several options when setting up tasks, the first step to your design requirement is to disable the ability to batch action a task; this means your users must open the task form. (There's a checkbox when configuring your client event "Allow this task to be actioned without opening the worklist item"; this should be UNchecked).

Now you need to design your form. Using whatever form technology you've chosen, make the comment field "Required" to force your user to enter one. If using InfoPath, you can use the "Upload InfoPath Form Event" wizard to upload the finished form and set metadata back to the SP column.

If using a SharePoint event, it will be tied to the field by default and you can make the Comment field required via the SharePoint library settings.

HTH,

Tyler

I'm not really asking about rejecting this from a form.  I'm wondering if you can reject it from the K2 worklist web part and still have a user enter a comment.  Are you familiar with that webpart?

I will be using a SharePoint list edit item form for my form.  From my standpoint, it looks to me like if they reject, they'll have to do it from the edit item form in the list, not the K2 worklist, correct?

That is correct based on my understanding of your question.   If you allow batch actions from the K2 worklist you will not be able to also require that they enter in any comments.

Thanks for the clarification Chris.