Skip to main content

Recently, I got some problems in Flexi tasks.

Can any body help me.

1) If I'm setting Escalation in Flexi Task, It is not sending Reminders.

2) I am storing Actions ID in Flexi Task, and in parallel branch after putting some wait, I'm unable to get those ids.

See this link for reference: Issue Retrieving Flexi Task ID

Escalation and Reminder are two different actions. Make sure the time the reminder is sent is before the escalation happens. Once the escalation happens, reminders are not sent (as per my understanding). Ideally speaking, you would want to escalate after you have reminded the person. Please specify if my understanding is incorrect. Hope it helps.

I am sending reminders before escalation.

How can we get the Action ID for flexi task, so I can send reminders using Task Reminder Activity?

Aren't you setting the reminders within the flexi-task action itself?

No, I want to send custom duration reminders.

e.g. first reminder after 10 days

second reminder after 30 days.

And content and receiver can also change on reminder number.

Thanks

Hi Ali,

Then you need to use Parallel Block action and put your Escalation on the right Branch with a Wait action

I have done it like this in O365.

Hope this works in SP on-Premise.

Regards,

Christophe

Thanks Christophe

I done this using parallel block. But unable to get the Flexi Task action id.

Reason, I read somewhere you can get the flexi task id once task is completed.

With Request Approval activity, your suggestion is working perfectly but FLEXI TASK is mandatory in my case.

Hi Ali,

I have thought the same but I managed to do the following in Nintex online, I do not know if you can applies it in Nintex on-Premise.

You do not need the action ID.

Before Parallel block, calculated Escalation date. I believe you already have done it

Here is my right branch list of actions

Pause until escalation date

Change Status of my item to Escalated

Send the escalation email

Wait for Field Change in Current Item. Field is Status and value is the next status in your workflow.

Regards,

Christophe