Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm running into two sticking points with Flexi Task management:

1. I would like reminders and escalation to occur in relation to the Flexi Task's due date. i.e. I would like reminders and escalation to only occur once the task's Due Date is approaching (or has passed). This doesn't seem possible (please correct me if I'm wrong), which brings me to my second problem.
  2. I'm handling reminders myself via a workflow so that they can work based on the task's due date, and I would like to reassign/delegate Flexi Tasks via workflow. I tried updating a task's "Assigned To" value and while that change went through, it didn't appear to actually have an effect on who was assigned the task. (Which is... confusing.) The only resource I could find regarding task delegation/reassignment via workflow was a blog post by Dan Stoll, but using Call Web Service isn't ideal for my environment.

Am I missing anything? Or is Call Web Service my only salvation here?

You could create a variable to use in the Reminder/Escalation Days/Hours/Mins fields.  Then calculate the correct number of days/hours/mins to wait based on the due date and store it in the variables before you create the task.  Then configure the Flexi-Task to use those variables to determine when to send the reminder and do the escalation.  

Here's another workaround I'm working on for a situation like this.  This times the sending of the flexitask using a pause action, so the process timeline might be adjusted a bit using this.

• Calculate a date variable that is (for example) 5 days before the due date.
  • Use the "Set a condition" action to check whether the current time is already closer than 5 days to the due date.
    • If yes, start the flexitask.
    • If no, wait until the date variable (5 days before the due date) and then start the flexitask.
  • The flexitask has escalation set up to start, say, 2 days after the task is initially assigned.

(This screenshot is from a work in progress, so take it with a grain of salt.)