Skip to main content

Hello again Nintex Community:

I am developing a workflow for my team that we are trying to execute that ends when a designated department decision maker (chosen via a Nintex Form to receive an incoming IT request) chooses a project outcome for the submission.

*Rewind: The person who gets selected in this workflow is intended to be the same person from my last post
"How Do I Send Individual Email Notifications To A Column Based On Selections Made In Another Column From The Same SharePoint List?"

Our Workflow is currently erroring at the Flexi Task control. What are we doing wrong here?
Workflow for IT Request Analysis & Approval
Capability Request outcomes for Designated Reviewer
Assignee variable for the Reviewer who will be first point of contact in the Workflow unless delegated to an Analyst by Reviewer.
Error report from SharePoint

Our workflow notification is successfully being sent to the Initiator (Project Requestor), but the CTA email is not being triggered for the Review/Validation person to execute from the outcomes in the Flexi Task control as currently configured.

• What should we do to make this development workflow operational?
  • How can we make it better optimized/more logical?
  • Should we consider State Machine deployment in this design, or is what we have here currently enough for what we are asking it to do?

Thank you once again awesome Nintex Ninjas! happy.png

Stephen Phillips

IT SharePoint Analyst/Digital Solutionist

Nashville, TN

can you write varEmailNew variable to history log as well? to see what's its content before stepping into flexi task.

how do you store contacts in 'Reviewer Designee' list? is it people or group field or simple text?

Hello Marian: That email address that is supposed to be populated in the Flexi Task control (contents of varEmailNew) comes from a list column called EmailLookupCol. Type on that variable is set as a "Single line of text".

I agree with Marian Hatala‌. Write the variable varEmailNew to history list so you can see the exact value.

as already adviced write varEmailNew to the log. we will not move on until we will exactly know what value is supplied as assignee. enclose the value with some marks so that you will be able to determine whether the value itself does not contain leading or trailing space(s).

btw, what's type is the variable varEmailNew of? single line text or collection or...?

I have the same issue today. Usually I copy the SharePoint Group Name and assign to the workflow variable in SharePoint Designer Workflow. So, I copy and set in the variable. When I log the variable to see the set value, it is empty. (I set the variable type as single line of text). Then I doubt and change the variable type to People or Group. Then copy the group name and set in the variable again. Same error happen. So, I think to compare the two variables (text type and people group type) in the log. This time I use the address lookup for people group variable. Then I got the value in the log for people group type variable. After that I found the different between copy the name of SharePoint group and lookup value as below.

This is the value of copy and paste.

This is the value from address list and it has group id number.

So, I would like to conclude about assigning the value of SharePoint Group to workflow variable can only work through by selecting from the address list. It does not work by copying and pasting the group name when assigning to the variable. (At least the value supposed to show in single line of text field as a text)