Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am new to K2 and we have had some real issues getting up and running (third party not K2 at fault).

I have a form where an approver is picked from a SmartObject connected to the AD using the AD2 service broker.

This user needs to be picked as the approval process may not always follow the requestors approval (i.e. I can log a request for another department and need that department to approve).

What I nee dto do is find the manager of the person who was picked.

e,g, I pick Jane Doe as the level 3 approver. Jane Doe's manager needs to approve the request after Jane. How do I find Jane's manager in the workflow to send the approval through to them?

Mike

Hi,

The only way i can think off using GetUserdetails method. There is a method called GetUserDetails on the ADService 2 service object. It will accept the UserName and brings you all the data including Manager name.

Say for instance, I have a user "K2Prajwal" and my Manager is "K2Dewet".

Upon on pick User Prajwal from the picker, i can pass this picker details as he input to the GetUserDetails method of the AD User smartObject and it will return Prajwal's manager i.e. "K2DeWet" store this value into one of the hidder data laber and push this into the process datafield upon triggering the workflow.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Thanks for your assistance, I think I got it right. Will do user testing today and let you know.

MIke