Skip to main content

Hello,

Does anyone know how you could find out, (from within a k2 bp workflow), if there exists an instance of either another workflow with a certain Folio or the same workflow with a certain folio?

There are a couple of ways of acheiving this.

You can do this programatically using the k2 management API (see the developer reference for details on the management API).

An easier way may be to use the 'Process Instance' SmartObject which is available by default in the 'Workflow Reports/Workflow General' category. This allows you to pass a folio as an input, you will then get back a list of any workfows which exactly match this.

HTH

Thanks,

You pointed me in the right direction. I will give it a try.

I'm not having any luck using smartobjects.

I added a smartobject event to my workflow and picked the Process Instance.List method from Workflow Reports->Workflow General. At first I tried setting the Input property "Process Name" to the name of my process (That's what I really wanted). Both hardcoded and later picked from the K2 Object browser in VS. Then I tried doing the same with the Folio. Still no go. When I finally left all the input fields empty the Process Instance.List returned a result. What am I missing here?