Skip to main content

Hi,

Currently I have an activity set up, where in the destination users is set to a Role. But I would want to send email only to members of the Role who belong to the same group(from AD) as the originator's group.

what would be the best way to accomplish this.

use the default smartobject "UMGroup" and its method "Find User Groups" to list all AD groups of the originator and members of the role. Do a comparision of the roles and if they match, send an email

Thanks gor the reply.

I have a small change in the scenario :

Currently I have an activity set up, where in the destination users is set to a Role. But I would want to send email only to members of the Role who belong to the same group(from AD) city as the originator's group city .

Can I use the same strategy that you mentioned ? Also should the comparison be done in a code activity ?

same strategy can be used. Open Smartobject service tester tool and create a smartobject from "Active Directory Service2" You can use "GetUserDetails" method to return all properties of a user from AD. You have to code to compare the fields.I am not sure if this is the best approach.