Skip to main content

Hi

Sorry if this question has already been asked... I couldn't really find anything by searching.

Often when deploying a process from development to production we have the requirement to run through it a couple of times in the production environment as a final "sanity check" before releasing it.

When we test processes in development, obviously we can use the clean up stored procedures to remove the test data. This isn't an option in production.

I wonder how other people deal with testing processes in production, without muddying the reporting in K2 Workspace?

The only way I can think of is to add a process datafield with a "IsTest" boolean. If I set this to true when running the process, once the process reaches completion we follow an extra line rule to an additional client event assigned to myself. This prevents the process from becoming "Completed" allowing me to delete it and it's log entries using service manager.

Seems a bit complex to me. Is there a better way?

Many thanks, Richard 

That's actually a pretty good way to go about it.

Thanks Peter

Hi,

But the process instance log will not remain in the Report Section in the workspace ??

Well - yes - until it is deleted. Which you cannot do if it completes.