Skip to main content

Hi,

is it possible to add and fill a new row to an editable listview on a form with data from a subview?

For ex. I have an editable listview on a from. I have configured the listview to open an Item subview when clicked on Add (instead of adding a row to the editable list).

In the item subview I fill in required fields and click on Submit. After clicking on Submit, the subview closes and I get back to the form.

I managed to add an empty row to the editable list after closing the subview, but I can't seem to fill it with filled data from the subview.

I managed to solve the problem with saving data to a smart object after clicking Submit on the subview, but I'd like to avoid saving to the smart object until pressing Submit on the form itself.

Thanks

Dear ,

for the scenario , u have 1 item view , 1 editable list 

as u mentioned , u got Add button to open the subview .

go to ur subview and fill the data , u will need a button on ur subview as u already have "submit" , add the following rule to the submit button on the subview 

"close subview" <-- thats all u need on ur subview 

Then go back to ur editable list view , add a new rule , "when subview is closing"

then add actions :

1-add new row to the editable list 

2-transfer data , open its configure part , and transfer data from the item view to the editable list "Add/Edit Row" controls.

3-Apply changes to the editable list 

These steps will send the data from subview to the editable list row and apply it , without saving to any SMO's

Hope it helps!

Regards

Thanks, Ahmad.

That worked!