Skip to main content

What reason could there be for the file attachment control not to work in a K2 View or Form? Please see attached image. When you click on 'Click here to attach a file' nothing happens. Also, I've attached an image of my SO list. The first 3 SO were generated automatically from my SharePoint List. The last two I created after.

Also, note that I disabled file attachment on my SharePoint list header. The file attachment control is in the Customer Info SO and the Customer View is based on the Customer Info SO. The Customer View is used as a subview in the main New form.

What am I missing in order to enable file attachments on my K2 forms?

Thanks,

PAB

13515i0C7837153D2DFAE5.jpg
13764i260660FA4D74822F.jpg

Hi,

What browser are you using? 

Did you try other browsers?

Can you enable the developer tool to make sure that there are no errors when you click on the attachment control?

Also, Is this occuring on other attachment controls?  

Hi PAB,

To add to Mustafa's questions:

1. If you create a simple View or Form - does the File Attachment Control Work?

2. Was this form generated from a Document Library or Library?

3. Was this field based on a column in the list, or is it another control that was added afterwards?

Regards

Jean

Hi Mustafa and Jean

First I want to say thanks for your advice! I appreciate it. Please see my responses in red below from previous 2 post.

What browser are you using?  IE

Did you try other browsers?  Yes, Chrome

Can you enable the developer tool to make sure that there are no errors when you click on the attachment control?  How do I do this? I will try it and see.

Also, Is this occuring on other attachment controls? Yes, I changed it to an image control and got the same results

To add to Mustafa's questions:

1. If you create a simple View or Form - does the File Attachment Control Work? I will do that today and reply back with results

2. Was this form generated from a Document Library or Library? Yes. I have a SharePoint List from which the K2 application objects were created. However the customer sub view is based on a SmartObject I created later.

3. Was this field based on a column in the list, or is it another control that was added afterwards? It was another control I added later to a SO. I bind the SO to the main view by the ID association.

And just for more clarification. I am on my development instance of K2 and I'm trying to build something based on the Expense Claim tutorial. It's not an expense claim I'm building but I'm attemping to use the processes demonstrated in the video.

Thanks,

PAB